Welcome to my blogspot

This is my first attempt at putting out my paintings to the world. I hope you will enjoy viewing them as I did creating them. All my art is original .I paint with most mediums espnes especially ones that are within my arms reach. Oils, pastels acylic, watercolours, pencil and paint on any material I find handy. My love for Plants, Nature and People and our Earth will be revealed in may forms throughout this blogspot. Stay tuned .PPP



Friday, February 11, 2011

Clivia in the Rain

This is a loose and fast style of watercolour on a hot pressed board. This Clivia was one of many just coming into full blossom in September. Their spring, our fall. This little ditty was painted outside of our apartment complex during a 3 month stay in Home-bush Bay Australia very close to the Olympic Village.  What a wonderful time we had. I was in "Plant Heaven" surrounded by every tropical plant that we can only grow in a greenhouse in Canada . Everyone was proud to show and display the varied talents and horticultural skills of the outstanding gardeners who took obvious pride and care of the flora and Fawnia .  We experienced the most unforgettable weather. Storms of extreme scary magnitude. 40 degree heatwaves and then rain would arrive in torrents side ways .We were also treated to Australia's dust storm of the century. The atmoshere, (I had to admire) was an extreme colour of red and everything including the inside of the apartment was covered in a fine powder coating of red dust. It was interesting to say the least and I took so many pictures of flowers and nature it will take the rest of my lifetime to paint them and then some. I hope I can get a few more finished before long. Happy Painting PPP

No comments:

Post a Comment